The church that is today known as the Friends International Centre, or, the Friends Church-Ngong Road, began some time around 1967. It is not very certain whether the church may have begun elsewhere before moving to the current location. However, several suggestions have been made on this matter: first, the present “Medical Friends Church” was already in existence and was the nearest
2. Women Department
The Friends International Centre pastoral team consists of eleven pastors. Though not all are officially on the staff payroll, all are recognized for their pastoral work and ministry in the church. Their work is mainly to minister to the hearts of all besides other administrative functions. The pastors coordinate worship services, and play a key role as they work with the various church departments. Though every pastor has work cut out for them, their duties are complementary and will more often than not overlap each other. In view of this, there is flexibility and mutual support for each other amongst the pastors. List of our pastors please check the pastoral team menu
The Friends International Centre Women’s Ministry is a church program for the women and by the women. It is a ministry that operates under the church umbrella body – USFW. The United Society of Friends Women is a program that was began many years ago with the aim of addressing women matters in the church. Over the years, and Kenya in particular, the USFW has made great contributions to church members and the general society at large.
The objectives are:
The FIC Youth Ministry is a church program that is operates under the Umbrella of the Friends International Center Church. The Youth Ministry is based on the church, along Ngong Road, and is run by Youth from the church.
The objectives are:
- To grow spiritually through Bible studies, fellowship, prayers and counseling.
- To strengthen the bond of fellowship and partnership through activities such as hikes, picnics, retreats, charitable activities, etc.
- To enhance growth towards responsible leadership.
- To encourage healthy relationships based on Christian values – through counseling and prayer programs.
- To advance our careers through career counseling, exposure to programs, and, to identify and promote individuals’ gifts and talents.
- To advice individuals on how to start and sustain healthy businesses – through motivational talks, investment advice, and business trainings.