UNITED SOCIETY OF FRIENDS WOMEN
The Women’s ministry of the Friends International Centre Church
The Friends International Centre Women’s Ministry is a church program for the women and by the women. It is a ministry that operates under the church umbrella body – USFW. The United Society of Friends Women is a program that was began many years ago with the aim of addressing women matters in the church. Over the years, and Kenya in particular, the USFW has made great contributions to church members and the general society at large.
“To produce strong believers in Jesus Christ, persons that are well equipped and empowered in all aspects of a Christian life”
Mission statement: We are committed to helping women know God and grow in knowledge and Godly wisdom so as to mature and be responsible Christians that can influence this generation for Christ.
Women Leader: Sister Judith Ambenge
Women Pastor: Pastor Florence Irungu.
As a women’s ministry, we have 3 general categories of aspects of the women ministry:
The objectives are:
The women are divided into small groups that have specific assignments. This designed in this way so as to create opportunities through which women can exercise their gifts, talents, passions, and abilities. Amongst the opportunities open to women are:
· Involvement in Church Decor
· Participation and membership in Women’s choir
· Participation in Intercessory Prayers
· Coordination and involvement in Pastors’ visitation/Pastor’s day
· Participation in Hospital Visitation
· Membership in Daughter groups
FIC women ministry coordinates a number of activities:
· Monthly Prayer Breakfasts in the church
· Seminars to respond and enlighten on topics of interest
· Visits to daughter churches e.g. the bissil church, new born babies, hospital, etc
Good things happening in our department:
· Procurement of kitchen utensils for our use and for hire
· Uniforms for identity e.g. USFW Uniform, Choir Uniform
· Church décor: decorating of the alter and carpeting of the isle
· Supporting higher offices
Briefs from the department:
· We are working on establishing income generating activities for the Women’s Ministry;
o Sell of handbags/accessories
o Hiring of kitchen utensils
· Future projects’
o The Women Ministry plans to start a day care Centre.
o The women ministry held a successful Mission to Bissil